CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 08, 2004

My 15th high school reunion...YIKES http://mcweb.martin.k12.ky.us/schs/

8 days ago I got to see people I hadn't seen in 15 years, my old high school class mates. I missed my 10th reunion because I was in Oregon and not Kentucky. Of course I went into it scared shitless and having all the high school paranoias and wounds opened up. Then I got there and was shocked but shouldn't have been. Everyone was older, wiser, fatter, and more human than 1989. I was surprised on the baldness of the guys I thought were so hot then; and the guys who were average then who found hotness in the passing years (yep that's you Wilbo and Henderson!!). The cheerleaders who ignored me were hugging me like a lost sister. And finally, some of my puberty sexual fantasies were finally realized: two big high school studs actually hugged and talked with me for a while. Sigh. So I feel that I healed quite a bit last weekend, like that part of my life is closed FINALLY.

0 comments: