CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 08, 2004

I am finally an athlete

I lost my mind and finally participated in my first 5K last night. I finished in the top 2600..not bad for a 5000 people race. came home intending to smoke a celebratory joint, but collapsed from exhaustion the natural way. I want to use this blog to thank Scott Clark. He was a roommate and good friend in the early 90's, as well as a marathon runner. This guy could eat 6000 calories in a day just to keep his energy going. For thirteen years I have wanted to have his energy, determination, and discipline. It is only now that I found it. The race wasn't pretty, but I made it. And for Dan, who even though admitted to seeing 2 other women besides me (:P)walked half way though the race with me--thank you too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this "Scott Clark" a thin, caterpilar lipped, chevete driver living in Huntington?

rengisedeht
(read backwards)