CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Religion and sex are strange bedfellows....

Spent time with Mr. Cool this weekend. This man is a devout Christian, I am an equally devout witch. We were talking possibilities as all couples do, an he stated he could not marry outside his faith. Ok, I thought, I can respect that, I really don't have an urge to marry. Nor would I force my faith on another as a requirement to have a relationship with me. Now, here's the kicker: he said since we could not marry we could just shack up and have babies....
The riddle is: does this or does this not go against everything Baptists believe? He would rather live in sin and have kids out of wedlock than do the common sense thing and just get married first? The of course it dawns on me that like many fellow Christians ( not all, but many), he bends the rules that he thinks others should follow. All Humanity does this, to assuage guilt instead of just taking the step of being true to ones' self despite what archaic, unrealistic religious laws dictate. So I sighed inwardly, smiled at him outwardly, and just said maybe.....

0 comments: